I am addicted to moving and everything that goes with it. Fitness, weightlifting, dancing, crossfit, cycling, walking or chasing my kids. Staying active I makes me feel good, both physically and mentally. Do not get me wrong: sleeping and being a couch potato watching Netflix can be great too but I can only enjoy it after I have been active. The trick is to stay active by doing things you enjoy and that suit your body and personal situation. During my workouts we will mainly focus on building strength. Perhaps that is what you enjoy and will never stop doing it. Maybe it is not your thing but it is important nevertheless. In a few sessions you will learn to move better and you will increase your strength and endurance to prepare you for any type of physical activity. Performance starts with building a good foundation.
As a mother of two I know how challenging it can be to find the right balance between nutrition, training and rest combined with life in general: work, home and other obligations. I will help you find the right balance and change your goals into results.
Personal training: I will teach you all the ins and outs regarding training. What works best for your body and situation?
Burn-out coaching: how to deal with too much stress? Check out resetclinic.nl and sign up for a free intake.
Pre- and post-natal fitness expert: everything you need to know about working out during and after pregnancy (years later a pregnancy and giving birth can still have an impact). A lot of attention goes to the pelvic floor muscles and recovering from diastasis. Many women get prolapse and/or incontinence after giving birth. You do not have to live the rest of your life with these health issues. I can help you, together with a great pelvic floor physiotherapist that I work with if needed.
Educations and certifications
My approach is evidence and experience based. That is why I spend a lot of time and effort on educations, certifications and courses, as you can see below. If you train with me, you know that you have a trainer that is always up-to-date.
- HBO dance academy
- FitVak instructor A
- FitVak instructor B
- Breathing therapist by Stans van der Poel
- Personal trainer certified by National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Start2Move, pregnant and fit
- Chivo, Lock&Load training with back pain
- Chivo Vitality therapist & Personal Trainer Pro
- Chivo Vitality therapist & Rehab Trainer Pro
- Human Performance conference, biggest evidence based fitness event of Europe 2018
- Get together conference, for fitness, health and movement professionals 2017, 2018
- Women’s Health Academy, diastisis – diagnostics and treatment 2018
- Women’s Health Academy, peripartum training 2019
- Coreacademy level 1 & 2, Training and coaching during and after pregnancy 2019
- FitasFAQ, the gathering may 2019
- Chivo aluclinic, functional coaching July 17 2019
- ‘The female athlete’ by Antony Lo September 2019 (pain management, pre- and postnatal training, dealing with stress, incontinence, prolapse and pelvic pain.
- Fit Fair event November 22/23 2019
- Strength training
- Pre- and post-natal fitness
- Breathing therapy
- Vitality coaching regarding stress and burn out related health issues